June 9, 2009
• The NBA basketball game played in Hersehey, PA, on March 2, 1962 between the New York Knockerbockers and the Philadelphia Warriors was not only the first and only time a player (Wilt Chamberlain) scored 100 points in a game, it was the first and only time a team (the Knicks) incurred a technical foul for playing with too many men. At the start of the fourth quarter the Knicks had six men on the court.
• There have been a 23 canoeing death on the Delaware River, since records started to be kept in 1845.
• Styx came up with the album title "The Grand Illusion" while discussing the Nixon Administration and Watergate.
• As of December 2008, 29 percent of all instant messaging conversations occured via handheld devices.
• On the average conference call, 53 percent of participants have put themselves on 'mute'.