December 15, 2010
• At establishments that have self-service salad bars that charge for the offerings on a per-pound basis, watermelon is the most profitable offering and bacon bits is the least profitable.
• The most commonly used non-sensical phrase in english is "I could care less"; the speaker really means, "I could not care less." The second-most common nonsensical phrase is "...will try and...", as in "He will try and make it.", when the speaker really means, "He will try TO make it."
• It's impossible to be within the borders of the state of New Jersey and be more than 8.4 miles from a public park.
• The Automobile Association of America has calculated that the average male driver is 18 percent better at parallel parking than the average female driver.
• In 1999, 154 driver's license applicants in the United States failed their "practical test" (commonly referred to as the 'road test') due being intoxicated when arriving at the testing facility.