June 15, 2009
• In international horseshoes competition, the record for consecutive ringers by an individual is 29; the record for consecutive leaners is 6.
• Umbrella manufacturers recommend users hold the umbrella so the shaft is adjacent to one of the user's ears. Most umbrella users hold it eight to nine inches in front of his or her nose.
• In 251 episodes of the television series M*A*S*H, 197 different surgical procedures were simulated.
• The decommissioned aircraft carrier, USS Intrepid, moored in the Hudson River, has had more people on board than any other current or former warship, surpassing the USS Constitution, in 2008.
• There are more Americans who speak with a Brooklyn accent than a southern accent.