September 17, 2008
• 63-year-old George F Patterson of Atlanta, GA holds the world record for surviving being struck by lightning the most times. As of December 2007, he had been struck nine times.
• A recent study performed by the University of South Carolina indicates that, despite the old saying, brunettes have seven percent more fun than blondes do.
• By the time they enter preschool, three in ten children will have their own personal computers.
• The National Association of Pet Stores (NAPS) estimates that 43 percent of new customers ask to purchase "exotic" pets such as foxes, tiger cubs, and alligators. This is up from 22 percent in 1998.
• At some point in their school careers, John McCain, Barack Obama, Joe Biden, and Sarah Palin have all performed in a production of the musical Oklahoma!