August 31, 2008
• The average olympic athlete has an annual income equal to 8.475 times the median income of the citizens of the country he or she represents.
• Only one in twelve households in Lithuania have a shoehorn.
• Andros Island in the Bahamas has the most fresh water per capita of any land mass greater than 1000 acres with the exception of Antarctica.
• David Letterman has a sculpture of a monkey on a rock in his suburban New York City estate.
• Several hundred years before the arrival of Europeans, Australian aborigines used small hot air ballons as targets when practicing throwing the boomerang.