August 5, 2008
• In August of 1705, 449 ships were stuck in the Atlantic Doldrums for more than three weeks due to an almost-total lack of wind. That was the calmest period recorded during the sailing ship era.
• The earliest known example of John Hancock's famous signature dates from when Hancock was thirteen years old.
• The average age of students entering business schools in the United States has risen every year for the past 21 years.
• Approximately .045 percent of the world population have noses that are too flat to support regular eyeglasses.
• All tree leaves look alike when magnified between 118x and 847x.