May 5, 2008
• On May 2, 1958, the last potato farm in Nassau County, NY was ploughed under for a new housing development.
• There are 16 municipalities in the United States that use the British spelling of "centre" in their name.
• In the past 35 years, colleges and universities in and around Boston have enrolled more students from New York than Massachusetts.
• Approximately two percent of female golfers are naturally right handed and play golf left handed. Among men, the rate is approximately .052 percent.
• In a recent survey of internet users who identified themselves as 'extremely heavy email users', 1.8 percent 'totally agreed' or 'mostly agreed' with the statement, "Spam is ruining my life."