February 29, 2008
• Over ninety-five percent of people will yawn within twenty seconds of seeing another person yawn unless they have yawned within the past 90 seconds.
• Approximately eighty percent of people will yawn if they see an animal yawn.
• Emergency room doctors are very accustomed to treating people with dislocated jaws caused by yawning.
• The "yawning contagion", as it is referred to by behaviorists, generally develops at about age 19 months.
• Eighty-five percent of people who read about yawning will yawn.