February 13, 2008
• Among women married fewer than four years, sixteen percent will receive naughty lingerie as a Valentine's Day gift. Among women married over twenty, 3.1 percent will receive lingerie from their husband; 1.5 will receive some from a person other than their husband.
• The best selling Valentine's Day cards are, in order: for significant others; for Mothers; from secret admirers; generic; and for spouses.
• When measured by dollar value, the most popular gift items for Valentine's Day are, in order: Flowers; Books; Candy; Electronics; 'personal items'.
• Despite the nearly ubiquitous reminders, 12.7 percent of men and 5.4 percent of women will forget it's Valentine's Day at least until 6:30 PM on February 14th.
• More condoms are sold in the three days before Valentine's Day than any other period during the year.