February 12, 2008
• 23 percent of garments labeled "dry clean only" can be traditionally washed without causing any damage.
• ATM fees account for one tenth of Bank of America's revenue.
• Paint giant Sherwin-Williams has spent nine years and $38 million developing an ultra-opaque paint capable of covering twice the square footage of conventional latex wall paint. This new paint is slated to be released in September 2008.
• Two percent of Christmas trees put up in December are left up until at least February of the next year. One tenth of one percent will be left up until the following Christmas.
• It is against federal law to use or sell water balloons in the District of Columbia between the months of October and March.