January 23, 2008
• The average American's humorlessness has increased 18 percent between 2004 and 2007.
• A poll by the United States Obsessive/Compulsive Disorder Treatment Professionals' Society has determined that the trait their patients display that annoys the most people is the penchant for criticizing typos.
• As of December, 2007, Carl Riis Eble of Rotterdam, The Netherlands, has been jailed by the Amsterdam police 37 times for creating a public nuisance. His alleged crime is following pedestrians around the Red Light District and shouting "Repent, sinners!"
• Thirty-one percent of all cheese bought in the United States is consumed in melted form.
• Reuters, the international financial services and news company company, keeps several pigeons caged in the lobby of their world headquarters in homage to the carrier pigeons it used to carry news from Europe to London.