November 22, 2007
• Some 37 percent of Americans will celebrate Thanksgiving somewhere other than their own home.
• Although turkey is the traditional meat served at Thanksgiving, only 64 percent of Thanksgiving dinners will include a turkey.
• While nine out of ten fifth graders can identify the role that Squanto played in the Thanksgiving story, only three of ten adults are able to do so.
• Holiday shoppers will spend an average of 5.7 hours in lines for "Black Friday" sales.
• George Washington originally wanted Thanksgiving to be celebrated in the spring, to give thanks for making it through the winter, but his wife, Martha, suggested that it be at harvest to give thanks for the bounty that made it possible to get through winter.