October 29, 2007
• 47 percent of Americans have dressed up as a ghost for Halloween at least once in their life. 38 percent of female Americans have dressed up as a princess for Halloween at least once in their life.
• Larry Rosenzweig of Madison, WI was the last person inducted into the army as a conscript on October 18, 1973. He was released in February 1974 after suffering a collapsed lung due to "excessive hyperventilation". He currently lives in a suburb of New York City and is an accountant.
• A three blade propeller with a diameter of 17 inches and a pitch of 14° mounted on a 750 lb, 18 foot boat will produce 4 inches of movement for each revolution.
• In the United States no one has ever been convicted of using a plastic utensil to cause the death of another person.
• Ornithologists have calculated that a flock of 100 Canada Geese grazing on a one acre field for one hour will produce enough excrement that each goose will step in its own or another goose's excrement once ever 6.71 steps.