October 1, 2007
• Wales has the most Rugby pitches per capita with one pitch for every 1287 people. New Zealand is second: one for every 1528 people.
• The summit of Ben Nevis, Scotland, consistently has more wind than the summit of the Matterhorn.
• Geologists estimate that at the current rate of erosion the White Cliffs of Dover will become the White Slopes of Dover in March of the year 50257.
• Approximately two percent of the buildings in Europe considered to be 'castles' by the World Congress of Castle Architects are privately owned and inhabited as a primary or secondary residence.
• Since 1998 the number of pictures taken by tourists (both film and digital images) has increased by 984 percent. The number of prints made from these images has fallen 57.6 percent.