July 8, 2007
• The latest target of an RIAA suit is NASA, for playing copyrighted music over space shuttle air-to-ground communications, which are public frequencies. NASA traditionally plays wake-up songs to astronauts each morning.
• Shoppers at Wal-Mart are an average of 12 percent heavier than average non-Wal-Mart shopping Americans.
• The first McDonald's arches had the same proportions as the St. Louis Arch.
• In the United States, for every $1 spent on fireworks, there is $12.46 worth of property damaged caused by them.
• The home glass-enclosed fish tank was invented and popularized by Benjamin Franklin.