May 31, 2007
• Joe DiMaggio once turned an unassisted triple play while playing center field for the San Francisco Seals minor league team.
• In a recent French Playboy magazine issue, men voted The Pill to be the most important romance-related invention ever. The winner of the women’s vote was the genre of Romance Novels.
• A recent poll of 1784 ninth grade students by the National Scholastic Statisticians revealed that they consider biology to be the “most oogy” class.
• According to the International Brotherhood of Arborists, a typical 20-year-old White Oak tree will produce 19,472 acorns per year.
• 52 percent of hummingbird species “hum” in the key of B-flat a majority of the time.