May 2, 2007
• 32 percent of all web content is password protected.
• The upholstery covering the chairs in the House of Representative's chamber of the US Capital is replaced once every 5 years. In the Senate the rate is once every 9 years.
• Catalina Island, off the coast of California, is moving out to sea at the rate of 3 feet per year. This is approximately 18 times the rate that can be accounted for by plate tectonics. So far seismologists cannot explain this phenomenon.
• In early drafts of Shakespeare's "Romeo & Juliet" the male and female leads were called "Charles" and "Diana".
• The world record for "tiddling a wink" is 7 feet 1.2 inches. Twelve year old Edith Schuyler performed this feat on July 3rd 1970.