February 8, 2007
• More people attended the funeral for 2006 Kentucky Derby winner Barbaro than those for Presidents Richard Nixon, Ronald Reagan, and Gerald Ford combined.
• The knock-knock joke was created by Benjamin Franklin in 1743, and quickly became the most popular feature in Poor Richard's Almanac.
• There are 12 Washington lobbying organizations fully or substantially dedicated to putting an end to Daylight Saving Time.
• The Oxford English Dictionary states that a fact must be 10 or fewer words in length to be considered a factoid.
• Professor Stephen Hawking and Monty Python alum Michael Palin were roommates at Oxford University, and remain close friends to this day.