August 3, 2006
• In U.S. cities, the southeast quadrant is, on the whole, statistically more dangerous than any other city quadrant.
• 92 percent of rain falls into one of the world's oceans.
• One in three emails received by Microsoft's Hotmail is addressed to an inactive or nonexistent account.
• On average, it takes roughly 14,000 hours of game play before a person can compete at the level of a chess master.
• Disopiaephobia, a rare condition in which people fear anything in their peripheral vision, afflicts two in every million people.