May 17, 2006
• A fully-decayed adult apatosaurus will result in just 2 barrels of oil.
• In a recent Institute for Traffic Safety study, listening to right-wing talk radio was found to be nearly twice as distracting while driving as listening to NPR.
• The opening salvos of the War of 1812 were fired in late December 1811.
• While not considered a country, Antarctica had the highest mortality rate in the world in 2003. This was due to a single death among the small permanent population.
• Adjusting for inflation, the 1965 television pilot for Lost in Space was the most expensive in U.S. history. It cost nearly twice that of Lost, the most expensive in non-adjusted dollars.