April 9, 2006
• Nearly 60 percent of American adults believe that the capital of North Dakota is Bismarck. (Note: Please see the related discussion in the Fact Check Forum before sending any corrections.)
• While the Alamo does not have a basement in the modern sense of the word, it does have two 600-square-foot root cellars at opposite ends of the building.
• If the two Mars rovers, Spirit and Opportunity, manage to survive another Martian winter, they will be within range of "meeting" each other around mid-October 2006 if the mission directors wish to have them do so.
• Steve Jobs named his first-born daughter after his pet project at the time, the Apple Lisa.
• While at racing speeds (200 mph), NASCAR vehicles have a fuel efficiency of 4 gallons to the mile.