April 3, 2006
• Eight percent of "gunk" removed during a routine dentist appointment is bone matter.
• Nine state Departments of Motor Vehicles will skip a sequentially generated license plate if it contains the number "666."
• In 2004, three members of the Army Corps of Engineers created an electronic speaker which measured 150 feet around. The speaker was never used at full volume for fear of causing internal hemorrhaging to the developers.
• 62 percent of Oscar winners can be genealogically traced to a common great grandmother who was born in 12 A.D.
• Since 2000, the average price of a movie ticket has increased yearly by four times the rate of inflation.