March 24, 2006
• Until 1963 three percent of the white frosting used in Oreo cookies was whale blubber.
• An average person has $4.03 worth of gold in their body. Dolphins have the highest naturally occurring amount of gold; each has on average $8.67 worth of this precious metal.
• Sugar is used as an official currency in 3 countries.
• There is an estimated $6.25 billion worth of treasure at the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean.
• Less than 20 percent of items sold in antique shops can be properly classified as antiques, according to the definition used by the North Atlantic Antique Collectors' Guild.