March 20, 2006
• The word "gullible" is the most frequently looked-up word at Dictionary.com. According to the FAQ, the web site owners suspect that it is largely the result of people being duped with the classic "did you know that 'gullible' isn't really a word?" gag.
• Despite having written the screenplay for Beyond the Valley of the Dolls, Roger Ebert gave the film "two thumbs down" citing, among other reasons, "insipid writing" and "zero-dimensional characters".
• At exactly -40°, the temperature at which the Celsius and Fahrenheit scales are equal, digital thermometers do not work due to a "divide by zero" error.
• It is estimated that James K. Polk was the least fit of all U.S. Presidents, having a BMI (Body Mass Index) of 43.7, which is considered morbidly obese.
• The momentum of the Nile River is so strong that at one point in Sudan, it flows slightly uphill for 1.6 kilometers.