March 16, 2006
• The term "wingman" stems from the short story "Nightmare at 20,000 Feet" by Richard Matheson which was later adapted to an episode of "The Twilight Zone" by the same author.
• In the two weeks following Mardi Gras, over 3.4 million tons of beads will be collected and recycled.
• 82 percent of the cost of a modern computer pays for less than one percent of its total mass.
• A study conducted by the Wrigley Chewing Gum Company concluded that most people will spit out a stick of gum within ten minutes of chewing, regardless of long-lasting flavor.
• The first recorded use of a blog dates back to 1774, when Samuel Adams detailed his account of the Boston Tea Party in a little known journal which he titled "The Boston Log." Amongst friends and colleagues he would refer to it as his "blog."