March 8, 2006
• The city with the highest female-to-male ratio in the united states is Fort Wayne, Indiana, with 1.7 to one.
• Though not enforced, in Boulder, Colorado it is illegal for cigarette smokers to adopt cats or dogs.
• The Internal Revenue Service employs the world’s largest three-hole punch. It is capable of punching through six feet of paper per cycle, at cycles 12 times per minute. It was custom built for them at a cost of $12.6 million.
• NBC has begun broadcast of the sitcom "Friends" via narrowband radio transmission to Alpha Centauri.
• 81 percent of surveyed professional hairstylists have fantasized at least once of stabbing a client in the back with sharp shears.