March 2, 2006
• The Space Shuttle Discovery contains exactly 22 million screws. A special plaque with 852 screws was placed on board to reach this precise number.
• Near the end of his life, Winston Churchill admitted to close friends that he only smoked a pipe “to look tough.”
• The world’s smallest scale replica of the Eiffel Tower is less than a millimeter high.
• People are 50 times more likely to die in a restaurant bathroom than in an airliner accident.
• Since 1989, pigeons in Vatican City have outnumbered human residents by 210 to one.