March 5, 2006
• 90 percent of American brown bears are allergic to bananas.
• Recent studies indicate that people who eat at least one serving of microwaved food per week are less likely to contract Parkinson’s disease.
• In one year, Americans will unknowingly consume enough industrial-grade steel, plastics, glass, and rubber to build three Mazda Miatas.
• The mouth of an average vegetarian contains about twice the odor-causing bacteria than that of a non-vegetarian.
• In 2004, 300 American adults suffocated in their sleep on their own bedding.