February 19, 2006
• In 1953, Virginia governor John S. Battle unsuccessfully attempted to change the state's motto from "sic semper tyrannis" to "ol' Ginny gonna get you."
• An internal memo circulated by the Democratic Party after the 2004 election cited MoveOn.org as "directly responsible for the 2004 defeat."
• Six percent of an average telephone call is silence.
• The Moonflower Society, an international group pushing for building a moon colony, has started lobbing the International Olympic Committee to begin plans for the "Moon Olympics."
• In the first five years coach Mike Krzyzewski was at Duke University their team had the worst cumulative record of any team in the Atlantic Coast Conference.