February 8, 2006
• The original Bob Barker was killed in a motorcycle accident in 1974.
• Hindu demographers at the Kharagpur Institute of Technology warn that the expected increase in world population will lead to a shortage of souls by the year 2045.
• The amount in taxes paid over a lifetime by the average US citizen is spent by the federal government in about 2.4 seconds.
• The small Martian moon Phobos has a slowly decaying orbit and is expected to smash into Mars sometime in the early 22nd Century, complicating plans for future colonization.
• Since 1997, Brookhaven National Laboratory has been running a high energy particle physics experiment that has a 1 in 5000 chance of creating a small black hole that would consume the lab, Long Island and the Earth in a matter of moments.