January 19, 2006
• Civilization IV, the next installment in the popular simulation video game series, has been delayed for more than a year as the game’s creators debate the inclusion of a terrorism element in the game.
• The average office employee spends 15 percent of their time playing solitaire, or other computer desktop games.
• Film analysts project that Ron Howard’s “The Da Vinci Code” will cost the film industry more money from public protest than it will generate in ticket sales.
• In a survey conducted by Consumer Reports, Apple consumers listed “appearance” as the top reason for buying their products.
• On average car alarms cause more public disturbances than prevent individual crimes.