January 5, 2006
• In liquid form, the entire population of the United States could fit into ten major league stadiums, filled to the brim.
• The much-discussed "War on Christmas" cost retailing giant Wal-Mart $4 million in lost sales– approximately 1/50,000th of its annual gross receipts.
• After the chinchilla, the hamster and the bonobo, humans are the fourth most sexualized mammal.
• Over forty-five years of space exploration, no fewer than six dogs, eleven cats, four thousand mice and an aquarium-full of crickets are believed to have been stranded in low Earth orbit.
• Far-sighted researchers at the University of Calgary are developing cultivars of dates and avocados especially adapted to the anticipated climate of the year 2040.