October 31, 2005
• More eggs and toilet paper are purchased on Halloween than on any other day of the year.
• The average trick-or-treater collects 8000 calories.
• Ghosts, pirates, and Disney characters have been the top three categories of costumes, in that order, for the past 6 years.
• The average American child will consume 12 times his or her usual daily sugar intake on Halloween, and again on the day after.
• According to the American Dental Association, only one family in 150 gives out sugar free candy to trick-or-treaters.