November 1, 2005
• A nine-month old child, Yixian Feng, is believed by Buddhist monks to be the youngest living bodhisattva.
• A multi-kiloton explosion in Halifax Harbour was the largest blast in pre-atomic history. A flaming armory drifted towards shore as fascinated spectators gathered, Christmas Day, 1916.
• The adventures of Herge's reporter "Tin Tin" were allegedly based on the real-life exploits of Edouard Feleffin, 1873-1946.
• The first electronic VCR filled a room and weighed nearly 7 tons.
• Merle Travis originally titled his much loved song "Sixteen Tons Older."