November 16, 2005
• The popular computer game Minesweeper was based on a live-action game played by by GIs with grenades and coconuts in the Pacific Theater of World War II.
• The button was invented about 850 AD, four centuries before the discovery of the buttonhole in 1242.
• On any given Friday night, there is a one in two chance that a randomly selected American college student is under the influence of at least one substance.
• The first known dessert was a sweet cake made in the Middle East nearly five thousand years ago.
• According to a recent gallop poll, ballpoint pens are the highest reported personal item stolen in the United States.