October 26, 2005
• From 1958 until NASA budget cuts in 1974, dental floss was issued in every standard astronaut rescue pack.
• All the high-voltage electrical cables in the United States, laid end-to-end, could reach to Mercury.
• On average, the production of each fourteen square feet of tinfoil requires the destruction of the habitat of one unfortunate spider monkey.
• The plural of "Kleenex" is "Kleenices."
• Benjamin Franklin is credited with the aphorism "If 'ifs' and 'buts' were candy and nuts, we'd all have a very merry Christmas."