September 17, 2005
• Among U.S. states, Colorado has the highest ratio of troughs to urinals in men's bathrooms.
• Americans have spent $2 billion (in quarters) playing Pac-Man since the arcade game was introduced in 1980.
• In the late 1800s, New York City had 17 daily newspapers, more than all other cities in New York combined.
• Twenty black Americans played professional baseball before Jackie Robinson did. They played in the 1880s and 1890s, before baseball banned black athletes.
• There are 28 varieties of Slurpees.