September 11, 2005
• 26 percent of adults say they "swear regularly."
• Over the course of human history, 582,000 people have died in international conflicts over silk, more so than any other fabric.
• 16 out of 17 fire alarm warnings are false alarms.
• One in eight people flying on an airplane will learn the name and occupation of someone previously unknown to them while on the flight.
• Children who play the violin are three times more likely to become millionaires than children who don't. However, being a millionaire does not increase the likelihood that someone played the violin as a child.