September 8, 2005
• A University of Chicago study recently found that when asked to read 100 randomly selected surnames from a phonebook, subjects incorrectly pronounced 61. There were eight surnames that were incorrectly pronounced by all 721 participants.
• A human could survive for longer off of 100 bananas than 100 of any other fruit.
• The American Bartender's Association reports that the average American bartender knows how to mix 110 different drinks by 143 names.
• The average price of a pair of shoes in China has increased at twice the rate of inflation over the last two years.
• A classic gin martini contains 65 calories.