September 7, 2005
• The number of people who include "dangerous weather" in their list of top ten fears has quadrupled since The Weather Channel began 24-hour broadcasting.
• In the month of August, 215 awards were given out at state fairs across the U.S. in relation to apple pie baking competitions.
• Because of the structure of its skull, a sea otter's eyes cannot focus when it is out of water.
• In traditional type setting, the body of the letter "i" is three times the distance between its top and the dot.
• On average, Americans fly for the first time at the age of 14.