September 5, 2005
• The average person displaced by Hurricane Katrina has had to move about 320 miles.
• The amount of water that flooded New Orleans is about half the amount that fills Lake Ontario.
• More stories in national newspapers about poverty have appeared in the past month than from August 2000 - August 2004.
• Network news coverage of Republican political leaders has been three times more negative following Hurricane Katrina than in the week preceding Richard Nixon's resignation.
• There are fifteen confirmed police reports of women displaced by Hurricane Katrina being arrested for prostitution.