October 18, 2004
• The hottest day on record was 158° F, and was recorded in the city of Majubea in northern Sudan.
• Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches are America's most popular snack food.
• The adhesive used on masking tape was invented accidently, when the inventor was looking for a low cost, permanent poster glue.
• The American Psychiatry Association estimates that 75 percent of people have at least one untreated mental illness.
• The Russian named "world's best lock picker" by the International Locksmith Guild earned that title by picking a lock in 28 seconds. His closest competitor took 11 hours to pick that same lock.