August 24, 2005
• The loudest bird in the world is the Red-Throated Warbler. It's alarm call can be a piercing 122 decibels.
• One in six cups of restaurant coffee is misidentified as either caffeinated or decaffeinated.
• Japanese scientists have created a mechanical version of a human hand with similar motor skills; it requires a computer 1,500 times more powerful than a standard desktop computer to function.
• One in 45 American adults cannot recite the entire English alphabet.
• The world record for visiting every subway station in New York city is 28 hours, 12 minutes and 33 seconds.