August 20, 2005
• The International Key Maker's Guild reports that one in two of keys copied in the U.K. are improperly cut, and either can't open the lock they were made to open or severely damage the lock with each use.
• Thirty percent of the money spent on online advertising is spent through Google.
• Worldwide, more people identify themselves as "racist" now than did 40 years ago.
• Only 14 percent of the clear tape commonly called "Scotch tape" is actually Scotch brand tape.
• in 2004, 18 people were acquitted of murder, claiming they were under an hypnotic trance.