August 7, 2005
• 40 percent of published books sell fewer than 50 copies.
• Compared to 100 years ago, the average person consumes 40 percent more calories, and expends 30 percent fewer.
• Eight out of ten American families watch professional sports at least once every two weeks.
• The number of DVDs in existence won't surpass the number of VHS tapes until 2007.
• The original draft of "Where's Waldo" included a page where Waldo's left shoe is all of him that was revealed. The publisher insisted that this be changed.