August 2, 2005
• Book publishing industry analysts predict the first decline in worldwide, printed book production in 2012.
• In 1992, The American Association of Retired Persons recommended listening to Christmas music during hot weather to prevent exhaustion.
• Last year, nine archaeologists were arrested for grave robbery.
• Pencils are sharpened, on average, thirteen times before being discarded at a length of 3 and 1/4 inches.
• President Bush rescinded a long-standing Executive Order from the Carter Administration that set deadlines for conversion to the metric system.