July 23, 2005
• Cathedral catacombs were originally envisioned as a way to keep drinking wells safely away from saboteurs.
• If all the mosaics used in every mosque in Saudi Arabia, Iran, and Jordan were laid flat, they would cover an area the size of Vermont. The grout alone would be the size of Connecticut.
• According to the Magna Carta, in the event of the deaths of the King, Queen, Princess, Princesses, and all other royalty whose nobility exceeds countship, the rule of the throne falls to the King's Consul to the Virgin Islands.
• More Americans can carry on a conversation in Klingon than in Esperanto.
• It is estimated that up to 15 percent of bottled water is bottled from unfiltered rainwater.