July 16, 2005
• Due to book discounts and free shipping offers online booksellers like Amazon.com and Barnes and Noble will make no money off of the pre sales of "Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince", but must rely entirely on the sale of other books on the same customer order.
• Friday evening more people lined up at bookstores for the release of "Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince" than for the opening night of "Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith".
• Contrary to the belief that the Harry Potter book series encourages literacy by its mere popularity, most fans of Harry Potter do not read books unrelated to the series.
• Due to massive presales for "Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince" UPS and FedEx drivers are currently processing more packages than at any time of year other than Christmas.
• "Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince" marks the first Harry Potter book which publishers in other countries will change the location of Hogwarts and the ethnicity of the characters to match their own audience.