July 9, 2005
• An average wasp can sting 14 times before running out of venom
• One in eight sets of directions from MapQuest contains a turn that is either physically impossible, or disallowed by signs at the intersection.
• Amtrak trains are, on average, 14 minutes late departing, and 38 minutes late arriving.
• If one million copies of a typical spam message are sent, approximately 750,000 will be automatically filtered and deleted, 150,000 will be ignored or deleted after reading the subject line, 99,999 will be ignored or deleted after reading the message, and one will generate a sale.
• There are no cats native to Australia.