July 10, 2005
• Only one in 40 computers owned by individuals is behind a hardware firewall or has a software firewall activated.
• It is overwhelmingly unlikely (a 1 in 17 million chance) that any two raindrops in the history of the earth have had exactly the same number of water molecules.
• By weight, about 15 percent of produce put on display at grocery stores is never sold, mostly because of bruises or overripeness. Tomatoes are the worst, with one in 3 being thrown away.
• Certain brands of tennis balls are among the 143,572 products required to cary a label stating "This product contains or produces a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer"
• The largest chicken on record weighed 112 pounds. It could neither stand nor reach the ground with its beak, and spent 11 hours each day eating from a carefully placed tray.